There is something about you that makes you very valuable. It doesn’t matter what the circumstances are that surround your conception and birth, because God created you. He literally willed you into being. There is a master plan and you are part of it, all because of “that thing” that God put inside of you. Here are 5 things you need to know about “that thing”:
- People will love you because of “that thing”. That gift that God gave you will attract people to you, and rightly so. There are people who genuinely need what you have, and will ultimately love you for it. However the flip side to this fact is that without “that thing” many of those same people wouldn’t love you at all; so do take it personally.
- People will hate you because of “that thing”. Just like that gift attracts people, it also may repel people. Being gifted will not always get you celebrated. There are people who will not like you, simply because of “that thing”, and if you didn’t have it, the would possibly have been your best friend. It could be jealousy or just offense at your gift, but believe me, the hate is real; and you can’t take that personally either.
- People will use you because of “that thing”. It isn’t always easy to discern, but gifted people are used everyday. You will be taken advantage of, and it will hurt. There are people who will lock their sights on your gift, just to get what they want and then keep it moving. No, it’s not a good feeling, and you won’t always figure it out in time; but it is inevitable.
- People will not always acknowledge “that thing”. Let’s face it. Everyone won’t value the gift that God has given to you. For some, your gift will be taken for granted. There are people in your life and in your sphere, who won’t realize what you add to their lives until you’re gone. Then they’ll miss the water that ran dry. People erroneously believe that a God given gift, is meant to put you on large grand platforms, when often the greatest impact goes unnoticed.
- God is going to hold you accountable for “that thing”. There is coming a day, when you will stand before your creator. On that day, He will be anxious to hear what you did with that gift He gave you. He will review the record of your life and He will reward some for their faithfulness. For others, He will demand an explanation as to why you didn’t use what He gave you. You need to remember, “that thing” doesn’t belong to you; it belongs to God.
“As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” (1 Peter 4:10, 11b, New American Standard Bible)
© 2015 Team Murph Publishing/DJoaquin Publishing, All Rights Reserved
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with your family, friends and social media to help spread this encouragement. Thank you for reading!
“Doo-Wop (That Thing)’” was written, produced and performed by Lauryn Hill. Released 1998